Find Cycle of Lies: The Fall of Lance Armstrong by Juliet Macur MOBI
CAUTION! If links below aren't work, disable your AdBlock.
Cycle of Lies: The Fall of Lance Armstrong
|Rating:||3.3 of 5 stars|
|Original Format:||Hardcover, 480 pages|
|Download Formats:||mobi, azw, epub, fb2, ibooks, odf, pdf, lit, rtf, docx, tr2|
|Publisher:||March 4th 2014 by Harper (first published June 18th 2013)|
|Tags:||Biography History Non Fiction Biography Memoir Writing Journalism Sports Sports And Games Cycling|
|Original Title:||Cycle of Lies: The Fall of Lance Armstrong|
|The definitive account of Lance Armstrong's spectacular rise and fall.
In June 2013, when Lance Armstrong fled his palatial home in Texas, downsizing in the face of multimillion-dollar lawsuits, Juliet Macur was there-talking to his girlfriend and children and listening to Armstrong's version of the truth. She was one of the few media members aside from Oprah Winfrey to be granted extended one-on-one access to the most famous pariah in sports.
At the center of Cycle of Lies is Armstrong himself, revealed through face-to-face interviews.
But this unfolding narrative is given depth and breadth by the firsthand accounts of more than one hundred witnesses, including family members whom Armstrong had long since turned his back on-the adoptive father who gave him the Armstrong name, a grandmother, an aunt. Perhaps most damning of all is the taped testimony of the late J.T. Neal, the most influential of Armstrong's many father figures, recorded in the final years of Neal's life as he lost his battle with cancer just as Armstrong gained fame for surviving the disease.
In the end, it was Armstrong's former friends, those who had once occupied the precious space of his inner circle, who betrayed him. They were the ones who dealt Armstrong his fatal blow by breaking the code of silence that shielded the public from the grim truth about the sport of cycling-and the grim truth about its golden boy, Armstrong.
Threading together the vivid and disparate voices of those with intimate knowledge of the private and public Armstrong, Macur weaves a comprehensive and unforgettably rich tapestry of one man's astonishing rise to global fame and fortune and his devastating fall from grace.
See Also in Uncategorised
- Download online Penang Hokkien Dialect For Penangites & Tourists PDF
- Review Bellingwood Boxed Set: Books 1-3 MOBI by Diane Greenwood Muir, Jamie McFarlane
- Download online Zombie Movie Encyclopedia, Volume 2: 2000-2010 by Peter Dendle ePub
- Download free The Forgotten Girl by V. V. Vidian FB2
- Download online EDYL - The Reading Department (Edyl #1) PDF by Mark Capell
- Free online download The Great Yellow Doom Bird by Jon A. Hunt MOBI
- Download free Genesis: An Anthology of Black Science Fiction Volume II by Jarvis Sheffield CHM
- Review The Saddest Time ePub by Norma Simon
- Download free The Aum Of All Things by Ruzbeh N Bharucha DJVU
- Free download online El Miedo Mismo: Libro dos de tres (El Miedo Mismo (Fear Itself) #2) PDF by Matt Fraction, Stuart Immonen